I love this picture and quote ! My friends – our lives will change dramatically by the thoughts we think each and every day.
I always knew this fact and over the years many people would remind me, but it wasn’t until I read Karen Casey’s book – Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow that I woke up ! The book might be the single most reason that Must Love Journey was created and why I believe it is my mission in life to introduce ways that each one of us can begin to take action to live the life that God intended us !
In Ms. Casey’s book – she identifies 12 simple principles that if a single action is taken anyone can change their life for the better.
Key points to me are :
- “The whole premise of the book is that if you don’t like what you are thinking, particularly if it is harmful to you or others, you can change it !”
- “Our thoughts determine who we are, how we perceive ourselves – physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally; how we perceive others; and how we plan for and experience our lives on a daily basis. “
- “The negative thoughts we have were created by us, they are nurtured by us and can only be changed by us. There is only one thing standing in the way of making this change: ourselves.”
Every day we have constant chatter in our heads – be it positive or negative. It is up to us to become aware of our thoughts and decide which ones we listen to so that we can live a truly healthy and happy life.
Because studies have shown that positive thinking may provide the following health benefits:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better physical well-being
- Reduced risk of death from heart disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
So start your Must Love Journey to loving yourself – begin to think positive thoughts to change your life !
<3 and Gratitude, Jen